Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

6th of June – busy day in Budapest


6 km (aprox) Budapest

I think I haven´t said this before, but next year I will live in Budapest. Probably I’m not coming back till the end of summer, so I have to settle and prepare many things. I did some of them today, but tomorrow I will go and see the flat where I will be.

The morning I took it easy, big breakfast, salami …, and at noon I went to the university. I would like to work here but they don´t really have money, so it´s really hard to get in. Still I could use the experience, even if I’m not getting paid. I talked to the head of the Spanish department about next year. We already exchanged some emails, but it was time to meet in person. He didn´t know yet what was going to happen next semester, but he said he would let me know at the end of July.

From there I went to my girlfriend´s working place for lunch. And hurrying afterwards I went to Városliget for an interview. A Hungarian sports magazine got interested in my trip and made a video interview about it. Soon it will be on the internet edition, so I will put the link.

When the interview was over it started raining. I went under a roof, and when it looked it had stopped I left. 1 minute later it started raining so hard that I got completely wet before I could find somewhere to hide. I don´t care that much about my clothes, but my SPD shoes got completely soaked. I hope the dry before I leave, and they don´t get a smell.

Later I just went for a little walk. I was thinking to go to the movie theater, but I didn´t see anything that I liked. So I went around and had 2 ice-creams. I saw the new park they built next to the western train station. It´s really nice especially compared to the ugly parking lot that there was there before.

For dinner I had Chinese food. I really like this kind of fast food in this country. Is really cheap and tasty. And the Asian people working there are always so happy that it really cheers up to get in the restaurant.

Today was quite busy but only because the city is big and takes a long time to get to one place to the other, at least for me, that I still don´t know the way around that good. But it was good just to relax eating ice-cream in the afternoon.


P1030371

My bike in front of Heroes square.
Mi bici delante de la plaza de los héroes.              


P1030372


The interview.
La entrevista.


P1030373

Me next to the western train station.
Yo delante de la estación de tren del oeste.


6 de  Junio – día liado en Budapest.

6 km (aprox) Budapest

Creo que todavía no lo he mencionado, pero a partir de septiembre voy a vivir en Budapest. Seguramente no voy a poder volver hasta finales de verano, por lo que tenía que hacer un par de cosas. He hecho algunas, pero hasta mañana no voy a poder ver el piso en el que me voy a quedar.

Me he tomado la mañana con calma, con un gran desayuno con salami, café … y al medio día he ido a la universidad. Me gustaría trabajar ahí, pero no tienen dinero, por lo que es muy difícil entrar. Aun así la experiencia me vendría bien, aunque no me paguen. He hablado con el catedrático de filología hispánica sobre el año que viene. Ya habíamos intercambiado algún email, pero ahora era hora de vernos en persona. Él todavía no sabe lo que va a pasar el semestre que viene, pero me ha dicho que me va a avisar a finales de julio.

De ahí he ido al lugar de trabajo de mi novia, para comer con ella. Y después, rápidamente he ido a Városliget para una entrevista. Una revista húngara de deporte se ha interesado en mi viaje y me han hecho una entrevista en video. Pronto saldrá en la edición online, y ya pondré el link.

Cuando hemos terminado la entrevista se ha puesto a llover, pero me resguardado hasta que parecía que había parado. Un minuto después se ha puesto a llover tan fuerte que me he calado completamente antes de que me diera tiempo a taparme. No me importa la ropa, pero mis zapatos SPD están completamente mojados. Espero que sequen antes de que me vaya, y que no cojan olor.

Después hemos  ido a dar una vuelta. Estábamos pensando en ir al cine, pero no había nada que nos gustara. Hemos comido dos helados. Y por fin he visto el parque que han hecho al lado de la estación de tren del oeste. Está muy bonito, sobre todo comparado con el parking que había antes.

Para cenar hemos cogido comida china. Me encanta esta comida en este país. Es muy barata y rica. Y los asiáticos trabajando en estos sitios están siempre tan sonrientes que te alegra el día.

Hoy ha sido un día liado pero solo porque la ciudad es muy grande, y me lleva bastante tiempo ir de un lado a otro, ya que no me la conozco demasiado bien. Pero ha estado bien descansar y tomar helados por la tarde. 

1 comment:

  1. ¡QUé interesante irte a vivir a este país! ¡qué suerte, por cuántos sitios has viajado y en cuántos has vivido ya!

    A ver si tienes suerte y puedes trabajar en la universidad.......

    ReplyDelete