Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Training/ discovering Rogaland II: Hommersåk

Sandnes – Høle – Hommersåk – Sandnes 55 Km

Here it goes the second trip I did to discover this province. I actually didn’t start in Sandnes, I did a few km before getting there, but I don’t think anyone wants to start from my house.

This ride was a bit more demanding than the last one, probably because I did more km, but also it was much hillier. It’s true that there are some flat parts, especially at the end, coming back from Hommersåk to Sandnes, but it’s also the ugliest. Most of the time I cycled on the road, but there were really few cars. The beginning was not really nice, but when I turned away from the main road it’s when I started enjoying, as I was getting in the oak forests. There are hills, (frozen) lakes, valleys and little villages along the way. I keep being surprised with Norway’s countryside. It was a bit cold, but fun.

I also learned a couple things from this daytrip. First: not to forget my lunch home. When I was a few km away from home I realized my mistake. But I thought:”even if it’s Sunday for sure I will find something open. I’m crossing lots of villages, there has to be some bars at least”. I couldn’t be any more wrong. This is not like Spain, that every little village has a bar and a church.

The second thing I learned is that I should oil the bike once a while. The gears stopped changing, so it was quite hard to go uphill. Sometimes I had to get off the bike and change manually the bike to an easier gear before a hard climb.

I also learned how NOT to make videos of the way. (If you are really interested you can see it here).
I leave you here a map of the trip, and two pictures (If you want to see more, I have them in Flickr).


Hommersåk valley

Hommersåk river

Entrenando y descubriendo Rogaland II: Hommersåk

Sandnes – Høle – Hommersåk – Sandnes 55 Km

Aquí llega la segunda entrega de mis paseos para descubrir esta provincia. En realidad no he empezado desde Sandnes, he hecho unos pocos km para llegar allí, pero si vais a hacerlo no creo que empecéis desde mi casa.

Esta vuelta ha sido algo más dura que la anterior, eran más km y también muchas más cuestas. Es verdad que había también algunas zonas planas, pero ha sido la parte más fea del recorrido. Gran parte del tiempo he ido por carreteras, pero había muy pocos coches. El principio, saliendo de Sandnes, no es muy bonito, pero abandonando la carretera principal es cuando he empezado a disfrutar. En esta vuelta he cruzado bosques de robles, colinas, valles, lagos (algunos congelados) y pueblos, ha sido muy completo. Todavía no me he acostumbrado a lo increíble que puede ser Noruega.

Pero no todo ha sido diversión, también he aprendido un par de cosas que tendré que tener en cuenta cuanto empiece el viaje. Primero, no olvidar la comida en casa. Cuando llevaba un par de km, me he dado cuenta de que se me había olvidado. Pero como iba a cruzar muchos pueblos pensé que podía comprar algo en alguno de ellos, aunque fuera domingo. No podía haberme equivocado más. No había nada abierto. Esto no es como España, que cada pueblecito tiene una iglesia y un bar, aquí con la iglesia les basta.

La segunda lección ha sido que tengo que engrasar la bici de vez en cuando. Las marchas han decidido no cambiar en medio de la vuelta, por lo que me han hecho algunas subidas un poco duras. En alguna ocasión me he parado para cambiar la marcha con las manos.

También he aprendido como NO hacer videos del camino. (Si tenéis mucho interés podéis verlo aquí).

Bueno, os dejo el mapa con el recorrido y un par de fotos, si queréis más las tengo en Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment