Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All the help I got


As the beginning of the trip is really close I wanted to talk a bit about the help I had and to thank these people. Also I will comment the progress with getting some help from sport organizations and companies, in part answering Agirregabirias comment, published under “Russian visa and other news”.

As I said before I had some unexpected expenses so I tried to get some help from companies and organizations. As I was not really planning on it I wrote a few emails to local companies that I thought they could help. I wrote to the companies Agirregabiria suggested and some others, but there was not much help. Some of them never even answered, some others told me that they could not really help. Once I was at it I asked the Euskaltel – Euskadi team for a maillot, I thought it would be nice to show the name of the Basque Country across Europe, but no answer. I also thought of trying to get internet connection, but again, no answer.

The only one that helped me a bit was actually Decathlon. I talked with the store director of Bilbao and he told me that they don´t sponsor individual people, but that he liked my idea of the trip and made me a small discount. It´s not much money, but at least is something, a couple of days of food.

The main help I got was from my family and Santa of course. They helped me not only buying the things but also with advice and support. For the technical things, I have to thank a lot my friend Aitor and to his father, Agirregabiria.

The only, kind of sponsor I got is from Romebal. Is not related at all with sports. But thanks to them this blog is going to be possible, with the electronic equipment they borrowed me.

So, thanks everybody for your help, and specially for standing me through this months of planning.



La ayuda que he recibido

Como queda muy poco tiempo para el comienzo del viaje, quería hablar un poco sobre la ayuda que he recibido y darles las gracias a los que lo han hecho.

He mencionado anteriormente que en el último momento tuve algunos gastos inesperados, por lo que intenté conseguir algún tipo de ayuda de compañías deportivas. Como no lo había planeado mande unos emails a algunas compañías locales, entre ellas las que me aconseja Agirregabiria en su comentario. Pero no ha habido mucha suerte. Casi ninguna ha contestado, y otras me han respondido que no pueden hacer nada.

La única compañía que me ha ayudado ha sido Decathlon. Hablé con el director de tienda de Bilbao y me comentó que no hacen patrocinios individuales, pero como le gustó la idea del viaje me ofreció un pequeño descuento. No ha sido mucho, pero lo suficiente como para comer un par de días.

Casi toda la ayuda la he recibido de mi familia y los Reyes Magos. Me han ayudado no solo con las compras, sino también con consejos y apoyo. También quería agradecer otra vez a Agirregabiria y a Aitor.

El único “patrocinio” que tengo es de Romebal, que es una compañía que no tiene nada que ver con los deportes. Pero gracias a ellos va a ser posible este blog, ya que me han dejado el equipo electrónico.

Así que gracias a todos, por la ayuda y el apoyo durante estos meses de planificación.

1 comment:

  1. Aúpa, Hodei / BicyCloud:

    ¿Qué equipo electrónico te ha prestado Romebal, cuya generosidad debe ser reconocida?

    Saludos y damos cuenta de tu avance...

    ReplyDelete