Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

27th of April - The trip begins…


0 km Magerøya

Yes I know, 0 km the first day. Just a few less than what I had expected, but:
  1. The bike didn´t arrive with me. It´s true that they said that in the last flight they couldn´t confirm that there was place. But they lost it before that, so it ended up in the other side of the country. Anyway, now I have it and ready to roll tomorrow morning. 
  1. The weather is not behaving too good. It´s been really windy and snowing most of the day, so the last 15 kilometers till Norkapp are closed. So even if I had the bike it wouldn´t be wise to try to get there.
So I had a nice walk around Honningsvåg, and I saw the museum. Aferwards, after I cooked a Spanish meal to my couchsurfing host, he showed me different parts of the island. It’s really beautiful, with lots of contrasts.

I hope tomorrow the road is opened, and that is not too windy, because today would have been impossible to ride. So tomorrow starts the cycling.

I leave a couple pictures of the island.

honningsvog

mirador


27 de abril – Comienza el viaje…

0 km Magerøya

Ya sé que no son ton tantos kilómetros como esperaba, pero ha habido varios imprevistos.

Primero, la bici no ha llegado en mi vuelo. Es verdad que me habían dicho que había una posibilidad de que no cogiese en el último vuelo, pero la han perdido antes. Ha acabado en la otra punta del país. Ya la he recuperado, pero varias horas tarde.

Además, debido al mal tiempo la carretera al cabo norte está cerrada. Está nevando bastante y hace mucho viento. Así que no creo que hubiera sido sensato intentar llegar hasta allí.

Así que he dado una vuelta por el pueblito, he visto el museo, la iglesia, y poco más tiene para ver. Pero las vistas son increíbles. Después he ido a casa del señor que me aloja, gracias a couchsurfing. He hecho una tortilla de patatas como agradecimiento, y más tarde me ha llevado a dar una vuelta por diferentes partes de la isla. Es muy bonita, con muchos contrastes.

Espero que mañana la carretera esté abierta, y que no haga mucho viento, porque hoy hubiera sido imposible andar en bici. Así que mañana empezaré a pedalear.

Arriba he puesto un par de fotos de la isla.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting, away at last! Keep the posts and pics coming...it's fascinating. And good luck!

    ReplyDelete