Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

29th of April – Heading southwards

132,70 km Honningsvåg – Olderfjord (actually a bit further)

Today it’s been a quite interesting day. I left Norway’s “summer city”, Honningsvåg, as well as the island. The way out was a tunnel. A 7 km tunnel that goes over 200 metres below sea level. It’s free for bikes (and quite expensive for cars). I thought I was going to be claustrophobic, but it’s really well illuminated, and really wide. Actually I was more afraid in other tunnels I had to cross.

On the way there are just a couple small villages, and only one has a shop, so I only bought some fruits for the day.

The landscape it’s really monotonous. It’s basically stone and snow, but now I start seeing some trees.

I saw lots of reindeers. At the beginning I stopped and took pictures, but later they were quite annoying. I don’t know why, but they were really afraid of the bike. There were trucks passing by, and they didn’t move. But when I went, all of them had panic attacks and started running. And the funny thing is that when they start running first they cross the road, the ones on the right go to the left and the ones on the left to the right.

Now I’m quite tired. I’m a bit further away from Karasjok as hoped (I think I saw wrong in google maps), so I don’t know if I will have much time to visit it. I will wake up early, but still it’s over 100 km away.

I found a place, quite close to the road, where I put the tent. I will eat some pasta and early to bed.

I leave 3 pictures of the day.


P1020454

P1020458

P1020460


29 de abril – Dirección sur

132,70 km Honningsvåg – Olderfjord (actually a bit further)

Hoy ha sido un día bastante interesante. He dejado la “ciudad de verano” de Noruega, Honningsvåg, y la isla. El camino de salida de la isla es un túnel de 7 km de largo, que pasa a unos 200 metros por debajo del nivel del mar. Era gratis para las bicis, pero es bastante caro para los coches. Pensaba que iba a tener claustrofobia, pero está muy bien iluminado y es muy ancho. De hecho, he pasado más miedo en otros túneles que he tenido que cruzar.

En el camino hay dos pueblitos, y solo uno tenía una tienda. El paisaje ha sido bastante monótono, prácticamente es nieve y piedra, pero ahora ya empiezo a ver algunos árboles.

He visto muchos renos. Al principio he parado varias veces a sacarles fotos, pero luego eran bastante molestos. No sé porque, se asustaban mucho de la bici. Cuando pasan camiones ni se mueven, pero cuando voy yo empezaban a correr. Lo peor era que primero cruzan la carretera.

Ahora estoy bastante cansado. Estoy más lejos de Karasjok de lo que pensaba, así que no creo que mañana tenga mucho tiempo para visitar la ciudad. Me levantaré temprano, pero aun así está a más de 100 km.

He encontrado un sitio para acampar, bastante cerca de la carretera. Voy a cenar algo de pasta, y me iré pronto a la cama.

Arriba he puesto tres fotos del día.

1 comment:

  1. Buenas Hodei!
    jodeee que guapo menudo viaje!!
    Me he despistado un poco y cuantas cosas te han pasado!espero que estes agusto!!
    Voy a seguir leyendo el blog!
    un abrazo y mucho animo!!!

    ReplyDelete