Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

3rd of July – Through 3 regions till La Mancha.

174,89 km Segovia – Talavera de la Reina

I liked today. It was fun, with mountains and crossing different regions of Spain to get to La Mancha, to the Toledo province. I saw many cyclists and talked with many of them, but the best is that I´m in the travelling mood again, and I enjoyed the way.

When I woke up nobody was awake yet, so I had breakfast without making any noise, as they had told me to do. But just when I was ready to leave, Visi came to say goodbye, and I left. It was early and it was a bit cold. The first km were downhill, and I almost stopped to get the sweater, but I knew that it was going to be warm very soon.

I followed the rout that I had planned with Visi, and it took me through a private road. There is a forest and the Royal Palace in Riofrio, and cars have to pay to cross it, but not bikes. It was good that I left later than I wanted, because I would have found it closed if I got there earlier. It was nice the path, but I was not allowed to stop. I saw several deers and many rabbits.

I kept going and I went close to a private residential area as big as a village, with town hall and everything: Los angeles de San Rafael. I didn´t go in, but there was a fence all around it.

Soon after I had to take the old road between El Espinar and Ávila, and it was full of cyclists. One older man accompanied me for almost 10 km. He was very curious about my trip, and it was nice to talk with someone on the way. Then I had to turn to the highest road of the whole trip, but the old man told me where to find a great fountain.

I decided to stop at the fountain and rest there. I was planning to blog a bit, but it was impossible. There were so many cyclists stopping there and all of them wanted to talk to me. And it was nice to talk with them. Some of them even gave me tips about the route. They also told me that the Spanish Tour, usually passes through here, and that´s why it´s so popular among cyclists.

From there it was fun to go downhill for almost 50km, but I knew I had to go up again. From there till the end I only crossed small villages, and there were almost no cars. I saw some pilgrims going to Santiago, I think I was going the opposite direction of the Camino de la Plata.

On the way there some signs saying “Toros de Guisando”, but I didn´t know what it was. But once I got there, there were some tourists, so I decided to check it. It turns out that there are 4 statues of bulls of a pre-Roman civilization. I had my picture taken, chat with some other people and kept going till Talavera de la Reina.

The last 30 km, according to gpsies.com, was supposed to be downhill, but it was not exactly like that, so got very tired. When I got there I talked with my host, and I had to wait indefinite time at the door, because he was with the grandmother. She could not be alone, so he had to wait for the next person to take care of her.

It took him 1 hour and a half, but I used the time to catch up with the blog. Then we waited for his wife (it´s funny because they are called Vicente and Vicenta), and had dinner. After we talked a bit I went to bed, as I was very tired.

I t was fun today, the only thing is that I had to wait a lot for my hosts, but they were very nice offering me their spare bed and dinner, so I can´t complain. Tomorrow I will have some hills, but I will get to my friend´s house, and I will go to a beach in a lake, which I heard is great.

P1030901

The road of Riofrio.
La carretera de Riofrío.

P1030903

The highest point of the trip.
El puerto más alto del viaje.

P1030907

The bulls at Guisando.
Los toros de Guisando.

P1030909

Mazamorra, a typical Peruvian dessert (Vicente is form there).
Mazamorra, un postre típico peruano. (Vicente es de allí).


3 de julio – Hasta La Mancha.

174,89 km Segovia – Talavera de la Reina

Me ha gustado el día de hoy. Ha sido divertido con tantas montañas y cruzando diferentes comunidades hasta llegar a la Mancha, a la provincia de Toledo. He visto muchos ciclistas y he hablado con muchos de ellos, pero lo mejor es que ya vuelvo a tener ganas de viaje.

Cuando me he despertado todavía no había levantado nadie, por lo que he desayunado sin hacer ruido, como me habían dicho. Pero justo cuando estaba a punto de irme, Visi ha venido a despedirse, y me he marchado. Hacía un poco de frio, sobretodo en la bajada del principio. Casi paro a ponerme un jersey, pero sabía que iba a empezar a hacer calor en poco tiempo.

He seguido la ruta que había planificado con Visi, y me ha llevado por una carretera privada. Hay un bosque y el palacio real en Riofrio, y los coches tienen que parar por atravesar esta zona, pero no las bicis. Ha sido bueno que haya salido más tarde de lo que quería, si no me hubiera encontrado la puerta cerrada.

He seguido y me he encontrado una urbanización privada, con ayuntamiento y todo: los Ángeles de San Rafael. No he entrado, y encima tenían una verja todo alrededor.

Poco después he cogido la carretera vieja entre El Espinar y Ávila, y estaba llena de ciclistas. Y una persona mayor me ha acompañado durante casi 10km. Él tenía muchas preguntas sobre mi viaje, y era agradable charlar con alguien un rato. Cuando he tenido que girar hacia el puerto más alto de todo el viaje, este hombre me ha indicado donde había una fuente con agua muy buena.

He decidido parar en la fuente y descansar ahí. Había pensado hacer algo para el blog, pero ha sido imposible. Había muchísimos ciclistas y todos paraban a beber, y querían hablar conmigo. Ha estado bien hablar con ellos. Algunos incluso me han recomendado algunos caminos y carreteras. También me han contado que La Vuelta suele pasar por aquí, por eso es tan popular.

Desde la cima ha sido divertido bajar casi 50 km, pero sabía que iba a tener que volver a subir. Hasta el final del día he cruzado solo pueblos pequeños, y casi no había coches. He visto unos peregrinos yendo a Santiago. Creo que he ido un rato en dirección contraria al camino de la plata.

De camino me he encontrado unos carteles que decían: Toros de Guisando, pero no sabía lo que era. Pero una vez que he llegado allí, al ver que había turistas he parado yo también. Resulta que hay unas estatuas de toros de una civilización prerromana, los Vetones. Me he sacado una foto, y he hablado con algunos turistas y he continuado hasta Talavera de la Reina.

Los últimos 30km, según gpsies.com, iban a ser cuesta abajo, pero no ha sido así, por lo que me ha cansado mucho. Al llegar he llamado a mi anfitrión, y le he tenido que esperar en el portal, pero no me podía decir cuánto tenía que estar ahí, porque estaba con la abuela. Ella no podía quedarse sola, por lo que él tenía que esperar a la siguiente persona.

Le ha llevado una hora y media llegar, pero por lo menos he aprovechado para escribir el blog. Luego hemos esperado por su mujer para cenar (es curioso porque se llaman Vicente y Vicenta). Después hemos hablado un buen rato, pero como siempre, ya estaba cansado y he tenido que ir a dormir.

Hoy me lo he pasado bien, lo único ha sido que he tenido que esperar a mis anfitriones, pero han sido muy majos y me han ofrecido su casa y cena, por lo que no puedo quejar. Mañana tengo unas cuantas montañas, pero ya llego a casa de mi amigo, e iremos a la playa en un embalse, y por lo que he oído, está muy bien.

No comments:

Post a Comment