Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Training/ discovering Rogaland IV: Hafrsfjord

Around Hafrsfjord 30 km

This tour was also not long, but I was feeling quite tired, so I decided to keep it short. When it´s by the fjord is nice, but afterward it´s not so much. There is a part, the north one of the fjord, it´s the only path that it´s not by the road. It´s also the one I liked the most. I chose a sunny weekend day to do this trip, so it was full of families, but here everybody respects bikes. Some of this families were making fires in the snow, and cooking with them, it was curious to see.

This fjord is really important in Norwegian history. Somewhere around here, the first king of Norway, Harald, unified the country in 872 by winning a battle. So there is a monument with three giant swords that commemorates this.

The trip was being fun till I had a flat tire. Exactly in the middle of the round. So I was too far to walk home. I put some air in the tire hoping that it was a small hole, and that it would let me make it home by putting air a couple times in it. No luck there. After 2 meters there was no air again.

Luckily It happened next to a bus station, where the only bus stopping goes really close to my house. But there was an extra surprise, in Norway they charge for bikes on the bus. I didn´t have enough money. It wasn´t much, but I was not expecting to spend anything, so I had only a few crowns on me. But the bus driver was nice and let me in, making me a special price ticket. (Thanks bus driver!)

When I got home I fixed the tire, the first time I did it on my own. So it wasn´t that bad experience at all, but from now on, I will carry the repair kit in my bag everywhere I go.

Today Nation Harris started his trip around Europe with a bike and a ukulele. He is writing his adventures in his web page: http://cyclingsupertramp.webs.com/ . Good luck!

Here is the map of the whole trip, what I wanted to do, with a couple pictures.


View Larger Map





Entrenando y descubriendo Rogaland IV: Hafrsfjord

Alrededor de Hafrsfjord 30 km

Esta vuelta no ha sido muy larga, estaba bastante cansado, así que he decidido no hacer muchos kilómetros. Cuando el camino va alrededor del fiordo es bastante bonito, pero no tanto el resto. Solo hay un pequeño tramo que no va alrededor de la carretera, y creo que es el más agradable. Como lo he hecho en un día soleado del fin de semana había bastante gente, incluso familias haciendo fuegos en la nieve.

Alrededor de este fiordo tuvo lugar uno de los acontecimientos más importantes de la historia noruega. Aquí el primer rey de Noruega unificó el país, ganando una batalla. Ahora hay un monumento, tres espadas gigantes, que lo conmemora.

La vuelta no iba mal hasta que se me ha pinchado una rueda. Ha sido justo en la mitad, así que no podía volver andando. He intentado hincharla otra vez, esperando que el agujero fuera pequeño, pero no. Dos metros después la rueda estaba vacía otra vez.

Por suerte todo ha ocurrido al lado de una parada de autobús, y el único autobús que para pasa por mi casa. Pero ha habido una última sorpresa, en noruega hay que pagar por la bici y no tenía suficiente dinero. No esperaba gastar nada, así que solo tenía unas monedas sueltas. Pero el autobusero no me ha dejado tirado y me ha hecho un precio especial. ¡Gracias!

Cuando he llegado a casa he arreglado el agujero, la primera vez que lo hago solo. Así que la experiencia no ha sido tan mala. Pero a partir de ahora no voy a salir de casa sin el kit de reparación.

Hoy Nation Harris ha empezado su aventura alrededor de Europa con una bici y un ukelele. Podéis seguirle en su página: http://cyclingsupertramp.webs.com/ . ¡Buena suerte!

Arriba tenéis el mapa, de la vuelta que pretendía dar, y un par de fotos.

No comments:

Post a Comment