Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting the equipment

Last week I started buying some of the things for the trip. This time I focused on the sleeping things.

I decided to buy the tent. The one I talked already about. It´s only 2 kg, really compact and quite cheap. I looked lots of tents and this is actually the smallest for 2 people, not even the really expensive ones get smaller. So I'm satisfied with the purchase. Hopefully I will try it out next week.

I got myself a sleeping bag too. After going to many shops and talking to many people I thought that it was best to get a warm one. I guess it's better to be warm that cold, and sleeping will be really important. So I saw hundreds of bags and I finally decided for the smallest one with the comfort around 0º C, the extreme is -15, so I think I will be fine. It´s the only things so far that it was much more expensive than what I had planned, but I really don´t want to be cold, and to get sick. The size it´s a bit of a luxury, but I´m really happy with my tiny warm sleeping bag.

Of the sleeping things I still want to buy an air mattress. It´s not going to be a problem, most of them are more or less the same price and size, so soon I will get it. What I´m not so sure I will get is a fleece layer for the sleeping bag. I don´t know if I will need it.

Here is my tent and sleeping bag, next to the helmet so you can see the size.



Empiezo a comprar material

La semana pasada empecé a comprar algunas cosas para el viaje. Me centré en las cosas que necesito para dormir.

Me compré la tienda de campaña que mencioné hace unas semanas. Es de las más pequeñas que he encontrado. Tan solo 2 kilos, y es bastante espaciosa. Además no era muy cara, estoy bastante satisfecho con la compra, pero ya os contare cuando la pruebe esta semana en el jardín.

También me he comprado un saco de dormir. Esto me ha dado muchos más problemas. Después de dar muchas vueltas, visitar cien tiendas y preguntar a sus dependientes me he decidido por comprarme uno con un confort de 0ºC. He pensado que es mejor pasar calor que frío. Me he comprado uno que apenas pesa 700g, así que es bastante pequeño. El tamaño ha sido un lujo, por lo que ha salido bastante caro, pero creo que lo apreciare en las cuestas arriba.

Del equipo para dormir solo me falta el colchón hinchable. Casi todos los que he visto son muy parecidos, por lo que no hay mucho donde dudar. Creo que al final no me voy a comprar la funda polar para el saco de dormir, supongo que el saco es lo suficientemente caliente.

Arriba he puesto una foto del saco y la tienda, al lado del casco para que veáis el tamaño.

No comments:

Post a Comment