Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Packing the panniers

Lately there were not many news regarding the trip. I´m still checking bikes and equipment almost everyday, but I haven´t bought anything new.

But as the date is getting closer (only one month and 1 day) I decided to try the panniers. First I did a list with everything I want to take. It´s a really long list and probably I will cut half of the items. And as I still don´t have everything, I packed things that are more or less the same size.

The amazing thing is that, even though there are many things that I probably won´t need, everything fit. I was really surprised, everything is there, the sleeping bag, the tent, a quite big pot, even my winter coat.

You can see in the first picture how the bike will look like more or less. I´m going to put another bag in the handle, so probably the bag on top will be half the size.

Afterward I started wondering how am I going to take the panniers on the plane. I remember that I bought a really cheap big backpack a few months back (which I don´t mind throwing away), so I tried to fit everything there, and it did. So in the second picture you can see the backpack and the hand luggage I will take on the plane. Even the panniers are inside. I´m really satisfied with the size of all the bags, and the way I packed.



Cargando las alforjas

Últimamente no ha habido ninguna novedad en la preparación del viaje. Sigo mirando bicis y parte del equipo que voy a necesitar, pero no he comprado nada nuevo.

Como la fecha se está acercando (un mes y un día), he decidido que era hora de probar las alforjas. Primero he hecho una lista con todas las cosas que me gustaría llevar. La lista es enorme. Como hay cosas que todavía no tengo, he calculado lo que ocupan y he puesto otras de ese tamaño.

Creo que he puesto demasiadas cosas que no son necesarias. Pero ha cogido todo. Ha sido increíble. La tienda de campaña, el saco, una olla, incluso mi chamarra de invierno. Todavía estoy sorprendido.

En la primera foto se puede ver la pinta que va a tener mi bici, más o menos. También le voy a poner una bolsa en el manillar, así que la mochila que esta encima ocupará la mitad.

Después he pensado que las alforjas no es la mejor forma de mandar mi equipaje en el avión. Así que he intentado meter todo en una mochila muy barata que me compré hace unos meses. La cual no me importa abandonar una vez que llegue a Honningsvåg. Y también me ha cogido, como veis en la segunda foto, incluso las alforjas están dentro. Así que estoy muy satisfecho con todas las bolsas, y todo lo que he sido capaz de meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment