Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little bit about me

A couple days ago when I started writing the blog, I did a really small presentation about me and the trip I´m planning, but as I´m hoping to reach as many people as possible, I will write a bit more, so people who doesn´t know me and haven´t heard from me what I´m going to do get a better picture of the whole thing.

I´m 24, right now, 25 soon. Now I live in Norway where I´m a language assistant in a high school, trying to teach Spanish. But I´m from Getxo, in Biscay, in the Basque Country.

I always liked sports. From my childhood till I went to the university I was a swimmer, combining this activity with water-polo, football, judo, tennis, and as many sports I had time to do. Slowly I got tired of doing so many things, and I quit doing most of them so I could focus on my studies. But I could not stay without moving so I decided to start jogging. And as I said before, if I do something I take it to the extreme, so last year I run 3 marathons and 3 half marathons, as well as many city races, mainly in Bilbao and the surroundings.

That´s why I think I´m fit to do this trip. It´s true that I never cycled for more than 5 days straight traveling, but now I cycle to work every day (even when it´s snowing), and I know that once I have an idea I can´t take it out of my head, so I´m confident I will be able to achieve this challenge.

I also like traveling and learning languages. So for two months (more or less) I will be doing two of the things I like the most.



Un par de cosas sobre mi

Cuando empecé a escribir el blog todavía no tenía muy claro lo que quería hacer. Así que hice una introducción muy general, dedicada más bien a las personas que ya me conocen y saben que voy a hacer este viaje. Ahora que estoy haciendo un blog más abierto, para cualquier persona interesada, voy a presentarme para que me conozcáis un poco mejor.

Cuando hice el post en inglés tenía 24 años, pero desde entonces ya he cumplido los 25, como podréis ver un par de posts más arriba. Ahora vivo en Noruega, donde soy ayudante de profesor de castellano. Pero soy de Getxo, en Bizkaia, en el País Vasco (y sí, lo tenemos todo).

Desde que me acuerdo siempre he estado haciendo deporte. Sobre todo natación. Estuve compitiendo desde que tuve edad hasta que llegue a la universidad. Pero siempre hacía más de un deporte a la vez: judo, tenis, incluso ajedrez. Pero al llegar a la universidad dejé todas estas actividades, un poco cansado de no parar nunca. Pero resulta que no puedo pararme quieto, así que empecé a correr. Y como no, ya que estaba corriendo no iba a correr un par de km, me entrenaba para correr maratones. Finalmente el año pasado corrí 3 maratones y otros tantos medios maratones, y un montón de carreras populares.

Aunque nunca he hecho un viaje largo en bici, excepto uno de 5 días el verano pasado, estoy seguro de que puedo conseguirlo. Ahora voy en bici a todos lados, aunque nieve o haya hielo. Pero más que por la condición física, terminaré el viaje porque cuando se me mete algo en la cabeza no puedo sacarlo.

Así que desde abril podréis seguir mis pasos , y hasta entonces los preparativos.


No comments:

Post a Comment