Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

8 months after the trip


It´s incredible that already 8 months passed since i finished my cycling adventure. I know that in this time i didn´t write anything, and I know I should have. So here it goes.

First I want to thank everybody who has helped me, especially the people who hosted me all over Europe, but also the people who helped me with the blog, the planning, and with the equipment, both economically and with advices. And last but not least, even though I don´t think any of them will ever know, I want to thank the people who gave me directions, without them I would probably be cycling, lost anywhere in the continent.

I would like to give some facts.

In total I did 8.253 km.
It took me 74 days, of which 20 of them I didn´t cycle.
So I did a bit more than 150 km per day (110 if you count the resting days).
It took me almost 420 hours cycling, making a average speed of 19.65 (Spain and Norway being the slowest countries).
Maximum speed 78.50 (somewhere in France, can´t remember exactly the place).
Fastest day was between Verona and Pavia, over 30 km/h average.
14 countries visited.

So this is it. Now that half a year passed it seems just a dream, but one that I will try to repeat, maybe across another continent (and if I ever write another blog, I will write it here). I planned on rewriting the posts, to make them more enjoyable if you read them in a row, but I guess that will take me quite a long time.

If you want to contact me, you can always write a comment, or an email (just click on editors Hodei).

Thanks for reading.

Here you can see the whole rout. Is not very accurate because google maps doesn't let me put as many destinations as I need (if someone is interested can just ask me).

Aquí podéis ver todo el recorrido. No es muy exacto porque google no me deja poner todos los destinos que necesito (si a alguien le interesa, no tiene más que pedirlo).


8 meses después

Parece mentira que ya hayan pasado 8 meses desde que terminé mi aventura. Ya sé que no he escrito nada desde entonces, y seguramente debería haberlo hecho. Así que aquí viene.

Antes de nada, me gustaría dar las gracias a todos los que me han ayudado, especialmente a a las personas que me han acogido a través de Europa, pero también a quienes me han ayudado con el blog, la planificación y con el equipo, tanto con consejos como económicamente. Y por último, aunque no creo que estos se enteren, a todos los que me dieron direcciones, sin ellos todavía estaría pedaleando, perdido en alguna carretera del continente.

A continuación voy a poner unos datos, del viaje.

En total hice 8.253 km.
El viaje duró 74 días, en 20 de los cuales no pedaleé.
De media hice unos 150 km al día (110 si cuentas los días de descanso).
Fueron unas 420 horas pedaleando, una media de velocidad de 19.65 km/h (España y Noruega fueron los países más lentos).
Velocidad máxima 78.50 km/h (en algún lugar de Francia, no me acuerdo exactamente donde).
El día más rápido fue entre Verona y Pavia, con una media superior a 30 km/h.
Crucé 14 países.

Ahí está el viaje en números. Ahora que ha pasado más de medio año, parece que solo ha sido un sueño, pero uno que me gustaría repetir, igual a través de otro continente (y si escribo algún blog, ya lo comunicaré aquí). Había pensado reescribir los posts, para que sean más entretenidos de leer todos seguidos, pero eso, supongo que me llevará bastante tiempo.

Si queréis contactarme, siempre podéis escribir un comentario, o un email (está en editors Hodei).

Gracias por seguir el blog.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely to hear from you again. A fitting final entry. All the best, and come and visit Australia some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and commenting on my posts. And I hope you were serious, because i just might show up in Australia

      Delete
  2. ¿Algún otro viaje en proyecto, Hodei?

    ¿Te animas a contarlo en una próxima cita de #Blogeu, blogeu.wikispaces.com, sobre blogs de viajes y turismo?

    Saludos cordiales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buenas Hodei!
    Enhorabuena por tu super viaje!
    El próxima te animo a que sea por EEUU, al menos la costa Oeste, y te alojo encantado de nuevo en mi casa!
    Por cierto, ahora ya te leo la parte en ingles jeje
    Tenemos que hablar un día de estos vía skype.
    Espero que todo te vaya bien.
    Un fuerte abrazo!

    ReplyDelete